Friday, November 21, 2008

The Opening of Twilight!

Finally, something to blog about!! I loved it! I think that they did a great job using most of the big events in the book. I wasn't thrilled about Bella, but I didn't like her character in the book either. Not until book 4. My other qualm was that Edward wasn't suave enough for me. I guess that I just have George in my head as the perfect Edward and this guy doesn't hold a candle to him :)

I loved actors and actresses that played all the vampires. I liked Emmet, Victoria, and Alice especially. My favorite scene was the one where he climbs the trees with her and they just chat. It was so sweet.

It was such a fun girls night out! 2 of us went out to dinner and then met the other 3 girls at the theatre. We just chatted for 2 hours while waiting for the show that started at 12:01. There were many "Twi-hards" in the theatre and it was fun to watch the movie with girls swooning and sighing all over the place. One of our friends in a different theatre said there was a guy behind her snoring during the romantic parts. :) This TOTALLY would have been George! We met another friend at Steak and Shake at about 2:30am and had a blast talking our heads off for an hour about the movie and all the books. Fun!!! Thanks, ladies!

This was my first ever midnight showing of a movie and it was so worth it. Once I got home, I didn't fall asleep until5am and slept until 7am and that was it for me. George did take care of the kids until 8am, but I could only think about how I only had one hour to get some more sleep, so, of course, I couldn't sleep. :) Argh. Maybe I will get a nap in later....maybe! Go see Twilight!

2 comments:

M. Leigh Marrott said...

Anna,
I'm so jealous that you got to go see Twilight! It doesn't come out here in the UK until December 19th and I'm dying!

I'm glad to know it's worth seeing.

-Miranda

LNJ said...

yeah, me and my husband went to go see it, (it was a BIG sacrifice for him.) and we got my parents to watch both of the kids and we get to the theater and it was sold out. I was so mad. But we ended up seeing Quantum Of Solace instead and it was...AWESOME. Leaving the theater there was a huge line of teenage girls all the way out the doors. And I hate them all.