This week I had to stop and laugh at a worry that many people have about homeschoolers. How do they get socialized with other kids? Here's our week:
- Monday-library day. The kids spent time in the Discovery Room and easily found kids to play with and had a great time.
- Tuesday-play date at the park where we met many new friends and spent a good hour playing with 20 kids of all ages and also, swim lessons/Childwatch where there was much interaction with many different kids.
- Wednesday-attend a homeschool Gym and Swim class at the YMCA with many other homeschool kids
- Thursday-kids go to Lutherhaven which is an outdoor science day for homeschooled kids that is as long as a public school day
- Friday-zoo day with Grandma and Grandpa-the best kind of socialization you can get!!
- Plus, everyday many hours are spent outside with the neighbors!
We have finally settled in, stopped whining:) and are gearing up for our Robot/Simple Machine unit study coming up (any ideas for a good field trip for this topic?). We just finished our Vet study which was a lot of fun. The kids' spelling has improved dramatically since we started back up and we are finally getting into a math groove. We have read 3 read-alouds that have challenged their vocabulary skills. We made notebooks that showed some of our work. All in all, a successful first month. Yay!!