Monday, July 20, 2009

Going to the Northwoods!!


George and I are being given the GREATEST gift ever!! George's brother and sister-in-law are going to take our kids for almost a week and we get to go camping in Wisconsin. Camping!! I am so excited! Camping has changed quite a bit since we had children. I always worry about everyone sleeping in a tiny space. I worry about kids eating gravel and dirt. I worry about kids falling into the fire pit (both with a fire and without). I worry about kids going to far out into the lake. I worry about where to change poopy diapers while camping. It's just how it is when you have kids 6, 4, 2, and 1. And I LOVE camping. So, this is SUCH a treat for us! I can almost recall the days of camping without kids. Peaceful, I think.

On the flip side, of course I will miss the kids but because they love these cousins SO MUCH, I doubt they will even notice we aren't there! I hope it's as good for Bump and Teresa as for us:) Thanks you guys!

1 comment:

Becca said...

I bet Seth will miss you and maybe Sam but he loves Courtney. You're right the older two won't notice a bit. Have fun. I guess I'll have to find something to do for a week. No one else appreciates the Curious George quote of the day like you do.