Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Loving summertime!

We are busy doing a bunch of whatever! It's so great. The kids have had lots of fun just spending hours outside. We had a great 4th of July party at Harry and Linda's (see their blog for pics...I don't know what my problem is:) and a water party for Levi's birthday. I am now gearing up for a week of camping/cabin-ing up in Wisconsin. Can't wait for that! Also prepping for a homeschool convention in Chicago! Yay!

Time is flying. School is starting on August 9th and I am hoping to be really ready by then. Today, I went through all the school stuff I have to organize it and see what I have and if I can use it this year. I am prepping for Unit Studies based on this fabulous book by Jennifer Steward called Everything You Need to Know about Homeschool Unit Studies that I picked up at a garage sale a few months back. It has been extremely helpful and I am hoping this will help us not to get burned out. I am also hoping to do school year round. I think I will do 4 weeks on/1week off. This will give us about 6 weeks in the summer. I think it will be good for all of us. We will see.

We took our house off the market today. :( But, I am ready to move on and excited to move things around a bit. We are going to try schooling in the family room this year. It's out of the way and there are plenty of surfaces to pile things on:) ALso, lots of wall space to hang up maps and white boards and such. I hope it works! We have lots of things that we want to do to the house now that it's off the market. It's too bad there's no money tree in our yard, that would be so helpful:)

Hope you all are enjoying your summer! Thanks for reading:)

No comments: