- We have gone back to diapers. Isn't that HORRIBLE? I bet I am the only parent in the world who would admit this! I think we killed it when we all got sick and couldn't take Seth to the bathroom and he had to go back into diapers. He just hasn't gotten it since then (and perhaps before that!) He always says, "Mom, I have to go potty" right after he has made a big mess. Argh. George and I got tired of it. Plus, every bathroom visit was a huge fight. Fight to get in there, fight to get the pants down, fight to get up on the potty, fight to get off, and fight to get the pants back on! It's been awful and we are all happier now:)
- I am having fun pulling together our Taiwan trip. So exciting! We now have a place to stay, passports, and even luggage (thanks to Linda!). The kids are even looking forward to being with Grandmas and Grandpas then. We're all excited!
- We are finishing our study about US States this week. It's going much better this week than last. Last week's school was not good. I assume we were recovering from being sick the previous week or something? It was awful! I also had time today to plan a dinosaur unit. I found a fabulous book at the library that has 4 weeks of dino activities and I am going to use almost all of them. They are perfect for my group! I am hoping to find more books by this author to use in later studies.
- Kids have missed so much school around here that they are going into the middle of June. Wow! It's kind of nice though, because we will be in school until June 24th. This way, there won't be so much time with the neighbors knocking on the door and us still doing school:)
- I'm excited that it's March already...or it will be in about 28 minutes:) I am happy to see February go, but most excited to start lots of fun things that will happen soon. At the end of this month, I am going to a homeschool convention in Cincinnati. Later, my sister comes here from Baltimore as well as my brother from Seattle and the new niece that we haven't met yet. That will be so much fun! Family reunion! Soon after that, we are going on our Taiwan trip:)
- I started Weight Watchers again. I quit around April of last year and have slowly gained back most of the weight. I guess this happens to lots of WW people, because I got a mailer right when I was starting to feel really bad about my weight. How did they KNOW?? So, they waived my sign-up fee (aren't they so nice?) and put me back online. I hope it works this time...just kidding. It worked last time, it's just that I don't do a good job of keeping it off. But I would say, of the weight loss programs that are out there, this is a good one. And that fad diet that George and I went on, not so much:)
- I got out of doing the Blue and Gold Banquet that I was so worried about. Which I must say, was kind of nice. Except that now, I still have to do it. It would have been nice to have been done with. Ah well, Pinewood Derby this month, B & G in April. The life of a Cubmaster:)
Monday, February 28, 2011
Back from the flu and pneumonia!
I think this will be another random blog list of things that are going on. It's quicker than trying to figure out how to pull random things together in a coherent entry:)