Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jack o' Lanterns













Halloween is upon us and since we bought 10 pumpkins at a roadside stand ($1 each!) I thought we should carve some of them. We had lots of fun and Great-Grandma Hazel and Grandma Linda were able to share in the festivities! Neither Levi or Natalie wanted to handle the "gunge" in the pumpkins so they mostly watched while George and I cleaned and carved. Levi wanted to scary (of course..is that a boy thing?) and Natalie DID NOT want scary. In fact, she didn't even want to look at Levi's pumpkin.

It was great fun and I think they look great on our porch. Levi wanted to burn candles in them until Halloween, but seeing as my only candles are Partylite (you know...the expensive, wonderfully smelling ones?) I refused:) George, of course, spent an hour after the kids were in bed to carve his own. I simply LOVE that about him! He's just a big kid...and his pumpkin is really cool!

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

emily said...

Cute pumpkins! Where did you find this roadside stand? That's a great deal!

Deb said...

Love them...we are doing that this weekend.

Carrie said...

I still love the pics of carving pumpkins with you guys 2 years ago! Love the pumpkins.

HO IV and crew said...

Great pumpkins! It's getting me in the Halloween spirit. Tyler made one early, and it has gotten pretty soggy by this point.