Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Cute pics and the start of Polaris Academy


Sunday best...they do clean up nicely:)


Here's Sam's "more" sign


And our cutie, smiley Seth!

So, the Polaris Academy started this week. What is the Polaris Academy, you ask? It's the official name of our homeschool. We have had 2 days and it's been fun...well, it's been ok. It's going to take Levi and I some time to get used to the teacher/student relationship. And Natalie really wants to participate, but she's a bit young to sit still, be quiet for very long, and she has this humming noise she does whenever she is concentrating that is not good for the school environment. Seth has been really crabby both days, but our dear boy Sam has slept right through.

I think the hardest part is not trying to over teach. I see the material and the potential and I want him to do it all, right now! I wish I knew more about his progression and what teaching methods will best suit him. I believe these are things that I will learn over time. I know that teachers are way better qualified for this kind of thing, but I think that I am keeping Levi home to instill in him that he is a son of God and there are things that are expected of him. I want to establish our home as a place of love, thinking, respect, honesty, and all those other things that seem to go out the window at "real school". Maybe I am just overprotective:) But, this is a good thing, so I am going to keep at it.

Other projects that I would like to accomplish soon:

3 month food supply
Rice and beans year supply
72 hour kits
Selling stamping stuff on Ebay
Weeding our flower garden
Deep clean all bathrooms
Make chore charts and assignments

Fun stuff! I am really enjoying myself! Happy "beginning of school" to you all!!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You're just the Mom to do it, too! He will learn way more from you than a "teacher in a school setting."

Way to go Anna! You are definitely someone I look up to.

emily said...

Definitely cute pics! And congrats on the start of your school! Love the name, did you guys come up with that? I can understand the whole over-teaching thing. You'll get the hang of it and I completely support you!

Andrea said...

Wow! I commend you for all of your hard work on behalf of your children. I know how hard it can be to teach your own children from trying to teach the girls piano lessons. It can easily turn into a debate.

Good luck with all your projects.

Nic and Abbey said...

Seriously, you're a hero. Way to go on the Polaris Academy! And I can't say it enough...thanks again for helping us bring Ella here!

joanna said...

SUCH CUTE KIDS! I love them!