Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Big Boy Bed


Today while at Homeschool Gym and Swim, I offered Seth's crib to a friend of mine getting ready to have a baby. We exchanged info and I told her as soon as we got around to switching beds, I would let her know and we would deliver it. So, when George came home I told him that I had given away Seth's crib. He asked if we had another bed for him and I told him we had a toddler bed that was in the attic. Soon after that I left for Scouts.

When I got home, I noticed the garage looked like someone had gotten in the attic. I came in, super impressed that George had gotten up there right after I mentioned it and gotten the bed down. Turns out, he thought that when I said I had given the bed away he thought I meant I had given it away...today! So he had that toddler bed already to go and got up to Seth's room and couldn't understand why there was a crib in there. So, long story short, Seth is now in a big boy bed. And loves it, George says.

This makes me happy and sad. Happy because I am ready for Seth to grow up. The 2's have been really rough. I am ready to move on. I am planning to potty train next week. And now...he's in a big boy bed.

But I am a bit sad. All things baby are leaving our house and you all know...I LOVE babies! I would love to have tons of kids...if my body could handle it, if it could be easy to homeschool with a baby (it is with a baby, just not a toddler), if we had tons of room, if we had unlimited funds, if children were always perfectly obedient and got along:) Now, don't get me wrong, these are not reasons not to have kids. At least, not for me. I am just saying I could have a pile of kids if it were super easy. As it is not, I will pray about my decision and the Lord will let me know what I should do.

Well, back to the big boy bed. Yay for Seth and for watching my wonderful kids become wonderful big kids!!!

No comments: