Anyway, it's been fun. Math has been going well. We're back on Math U See for both kids now and it's going well. Natalie was complaining there for a bit, so I backed her up a little. If she was in public school, she would only be in K and I was pushing her too hard. Now that we have gone to some easier concepts, she enjoys it much more. Levi is flying along with multiplication. I think it's fun for him to learn this new concept.
I am looking for a good (inexpensive) spelling program that I can stick with. I have started a few, but not stuck with them. Dictation has worked well in helping improve spelling, but I am afraid it's not enough. Levi still wants to spell everything phonetically if he is writing it down. He's much better at spelling orally (like spelling bee style). Natalie, on the other hand, can spell just about anything! I think she pictures how she sees it written. It's amazing how different they are in this regard. I hope to find a spelling program at the Midwest Convention in March. Can't wait to go to that!
Levi is reading like crazy and I am trying to keep him interested in some good books. He likes mystery chapter books. He's not into fantasy much, which surprises me. He also loves reading the Fudge books, Magic Treehouse, and Time Warp Trio. Any suggestions on a good series for him?
Today, kids went ice skating with homeschool buddies and the little boys jumped in the bounce houses. Fun! We also got to watch the local Semi-Pro hockey team practice for a while. Seth LOVED that!
A few random things:
- George and I started a new diet. If it works, I will give details. If not, we'll just move on and pretend it never happened!
- George and I are planning a trip to Taiwan in May. So exciting!
- My family will be all together around Easter. My brother and sister will both fly home with their families. Yay!!!!!
- Next up on the agenda, Cub Scout Blue and Gold Banquet. Has anyone done anything fun at one? I have to plan it and haven't a clue!
- Feel a craving to doula someone's labor and delivery sometime soon. Lots of my friends are pregnant and babies are on my brain!