Friday, April 11, 2008

It's Friday....

Most people really look forward to Friday, but I was completely dreading this one. But, I know the Lord loves me. We had a peaceful morning. Seth slept through breakfast, so everyone else got fed without problems. When he did wake-up, Sam only tried to poke his eyes out once and didn't try to pull him off my lap, which has been a common theme this past week. Yea! We picked up Levi, where his teachers oohed and ahhed over Seth and you gotta love that as the new mom:) The trip was very peaceful...so much so that we even went and checked out a garage sale! Go me! Garage sale-ing with 4 kids! :)

I fed the kids a snack and Sam went down for a nap, Levi and Natalie went to help our neighbor clean up her yard, and Seth is still asleep from the car ride to get Levi (he loves the car, hallelujah!). I am very thankful for this time because I know that these times will not be as frequent as I would like. Maybe I should be cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, or cleaning a bathroom. Nah, I would much rather enjoy the few peaceful minutes that I have doing what I want to do.

So, at the moment, life is good! Oh, I think I hear the kids coming back from the neighbor's house and is that Sam I hear? Maybe he didn't go down so well after all. Oh well, back to life, back to reality:)

PS Was anyone else disappointed that Michael Johns got voted off last night's American Idol? What was America thinking?? Haven't they heard Kristy Lee Cook sing?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that you got a few moments to yourself. And you were doing exactly what you should have been doing, something you enjoy to refuel.

Yet another reason I enjoy spring--garage sale! Hey do you or do you know of anyone that can use a dresser? We have an extra one and I would like to share the wealth.

Can we come play on Monday?

HO IV and crew said...

Hal agrees that Michael Johns should have stayed. He also thinks Kristy Lee Cook is not so great and should have been voted off.

I really liked some of the songs he did-- especially "We are the Champions" and "Light My Fire." "Dream On" was a pretty tough song to do well. I guess that's the way it goes.

Deb said...

I don't remember if I commented or not but it sounds like things are going good. You have a wonderful family.

Carrie said...

I'm so impressed you went garage sale-ing with 4 kids! I remember once you were impressed when I took Levi grocery shopping with me. I got nothin' on you girl!

joanna said...

You have such cute babies, you are so lucky.