Tuesday, March 2, 2010

3 Showings!

We had 3 showings for Saturday and 2 of them left feedback....bad feedback:( They said the house looks rough. And I agree! But for the square footage and the location, we can comfortably ask what we are asking. The problem is that all the other houses around here with our sq footage and 4 bedrooms are priced $20,000 higher and are quite a bit nicer than ours. So, if you are looking at a place like ours around here and then come to ours, yeah, it's going to look like a dump.

I wish that people could look at before and after pictures. THEN, they would want to buy my house! We have done a lot, but it was fixing problems that should have already been taken care of, so now it just looks like a normal house instead of one with an ancient air conditioner built into the wall, or a door busted off it's hinges, etc...

Many of my friends have come to help me and I am taking all their advice to heart and doing some serious shopping and making our house look more finished. Hopefully, we will get it all done and it will be a people pleaser!

6 comments:

emily said...

I had SOOO much fun today! It looks great and it's gonna be even greater! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Unknown said...

We know the feeling quite well! We gutted our house top to bottom about two years ago and it looks amazing compared to what it did before we did it. There's a few things that are still unfinished and it's a little rough in spots as well, which has kept us from getting as many bids as we'd like. Good luck with everything and I hope you get it sold!

Unknown said...

Good luck. I know all of your hard work is hard for others to appreciate, they just want the end product. I bet its all coming together nicely.

Unknown said...

Good luck! I know that getting a house ready to sell can be a lot of work. Take care!

Jennifer said...

Oh I'm sorry, but it sounds like you are taking it all in stride and making the most of their comments--what can I do to help?

Shanna said...

I hope it works out for you! That's nice you have already had showings too! Good luck!