Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trying to Revamp School

Well, Geo and I have come up with a bit of a new method for school. I will post pics and tell more about it when we get it finished. I plan on using the site Time4Learning.com. We have used it before and Levi really enjoys it. Now that the weather is getting nicer, I hope to be spending more school time outside, too. Yay for spring and sunshine! I am excited and feel very happy and motivated today.

Now, we'll see if that changes after the 3 year check up that Sam has to have today. He is HORRIBLE at the doctor. I am gearing up for that. Here's a question: Do you prep your kids for getting shots? Sam requires 2 people to hold him down while one gives the shot and screams bloody murder the entire time. I haven't told him that this appt will require shots. The last one did not (ear infection) so he seems to be a little more at ease at the thought of going to the doctor. I don't want to ruin that. We'll see if this method works. Hope you all have a great day!

PS No showings since the ones 3 weeks ago. Sad:(

3 comments:

Shanna said...

So sorry about no showings. I hope things pick up. As far as shots go. I tell my kids mainly because I don't want it to come as a shock and they do seem to take it well. Good luck. We did have 2 shot visits with Katie where she screamed even before the nurse was giving the shot. But this last visit we had she knew how disappointed and embarrassed we were the last 2 times that she said she is going to hold in her cries and she did a great job and didn't make a noise.

Abbey said...

I can't imagine Sam like that! He is so docile and sweet in Primary! Ella has always done great with shots until this last appt...so I wonder what the future holds for us!

Oh, and I bet you'll have more showings now that the sun is out. I think that helps! :)

Unknown said...

I do prep both of the kids before shot time...though it is of course easier the older they get. Keegan had to have the flu shot the last time he was in...Dylan could take the nasal spray but because Keegan has had asthma he couldn't do that. I have to say that Keegan did start yelling and when he did Dylan ran over bumped the nurse on the butt and said "Come ON Keegan we are SO out of here." So...i don't so much have to worry about only the boy that is getting the shot but the brothers defending each other in the mean doctor's office...LOL...Good luck...shot time is no fun when they are small...LOL...Mine are 5 and 7 and it is still not fun though surely not as bad as it used to be.